Keep the kids entertained on a rainy summer’s day with these fun to make BBQ inspired cakes.
Mini vegetable skewers cake
These ones taste as good as they look and they’re so fun to make.
- Chocolate frosting
- White chocolate melted
- Midget gems
- Cocktail sticks
- (Sugar stars to sprinkle as needed)
- Melt white chocolate and pour into a disposable piping bag, when not too hot, snip end off piping bag and draw circles and griddle lines with the chocolate onto greaseproof paper placed on a baking sheet.
- Then place in freezer for 20 mins. to harden
- Thread midget gems onto cocktail sticks and set aside.
- Spread icing on cupcake, then place on the hard chocolate griddle, then carefully place the midget gem kebabs on top.
Hot dog cake
Mini sweetie hot dogs? Yes please!
- Mould-able icing in gold
- Liquorice comfits
- Scant amount of melted chocolate
- Melt the chocolate.
- Using melted chocolate and a cocktail stick, make griddle marks on the comfits and set aside.
- Using mouldable icing, make 12 balls, then roll them into lozenge shapes, when they are slightly bigger than thesize of the comfits, carefully slice with a knife and then push the comfits inside.
- Mould icing around until it looks like a perfect hot-dog bun shape.
- Ice the cupcakes then place a hot-dog on each one.
Ice cool-box cake
A BBQ wouldn't be complete without a cool-box full of drinks.
- Cola bottles
- Glacier mints
- Ice the Cupcakes.
- Push Cola bottles into icing.
- Crush mints by unwrapping them and placing in a sandwich bag, then bash with a rolling pin on a hard surface.
- Scatter crushed mints over the iced cake.