The sharing cocktail for your crew in a bottle
It’s Notting Hill Carnival time in London this bank holiday weekend, which means a) it’s party time, and b) more than one million people will be on the streets over the weekend, dancing to 30 soundsystems. That also means c) your chances of waiting less than half an hour to buy a drink in a pub or off-licence are not looking good.
Think of all that missed time you could have spent twerking in your sequined batty-riders…
But we’ve got you covered. Well, our mixologist friends at Soulshakers have you covered. They’ve created the perfect make-at-home rum punch to take in a big water bottle for some fun on the run – and there’s enough to juice up eight people in this serving.
Because real friends don't let you drink warm beer at Carnival.
Carnival Corner Shop Punch
Serves 8 in a 2ltr water bottle
- 50ml bottle Wray & Nephew (miniature)
- 350ml bottle Appleton's dark rum
- 4 x 250ml Rubicon Juices (mango, guava, pomegranate, lychee and/or passion fruit; make sure you get different flavours – any combination will do)
- Juice of 8 limes
- 4 tablespoons of marmalade (stirred with 100mls of boiling water)
- 100ml sugar syrup (mix 100g sugar with 100ml warm water and mix until dissolved)
- Mix all ingredients in the empty water bottle and give a good shake
- Serve in plastic cups with some ice, and if you’re feeling extra-fancy, garnish with a lime wedge or pineapple slice (these can be pre-sliced and wrapped in clingfilm)