Create some serious summer sizzle with our step-by-step guide
If ‘spontaneous’ and ‘BBQ’ are two words that rarely work well together for you, here’s how to crack BBQ lighting the first time round.
- A gas lighter
- Some tasty food
1. Remove the top grill, then pile up the charcoal & firelighters in the centre of the BBQ
2. Light the firelighters (a gas lighter's easiest and will help prevent singed fingers)
3. Let it burn for around 30 minutes until the charcoal has turned white
4. Spread the white hot coals evenly around the BBQ
5. Pour over a second layer of coal
6. Close the lid and wait for 20 to 30 minutes
7. Carefully place the grill on top and get cooking!