Turn romantic home-bakes into absolute show-stoppers with these nifty decorating tricks
Wooden spoons, icing bags and softened butter at the ready! You don't need Mary and Paul to create a Valentine's Day show-stopper – just take your pick from these super-simple ideas.
1. Get chocolate cupcakes all loved up: slice the tops off your cakes, cut heart shapes out of the lids and fix back on with pink frosting.
2. Turn ordinary chocolate brownies into red velvet brownie balloons.
3. Dress strawberries for the occasion: double-dip in white chocolate, then dark, before piping on chocolate bow-ties and buttons.
4. Top any traybake with designer chocolate lace for added style.
5. Less of a loaf cake, more of a 'love' cake – reveal your true feelings with this hidden heart, surprise-inside cake.
6. Send a romantic message with cook's letter stamps on all-butter pastry ...
7. Or, say it with roses. Buttercream roses that is.
8. It's amazing what you can do with some raspberry sauce and a cocktail stick.