1. It takes a little effort so stick closely to the steps if you’re new to making fudge – once mastered the results are out of this world! Place the ingredients into a large non-stick saucepan and melt over a low heat, stirring until the sugar dissolves.
2. Bring to the boil then simmer for 10-15 minutes, stirring continuously and scraping the base of the pan. Take care while the mixture boils and during stirring as the fudge will be VERY hot! To see if it’s ready, drop a little of the mixture into a jug of ice-cold water. A soft ball of fudge should form. Alternatively, check with a sugar thermometer if you have one (the fudge should be approximately 118°C).
3. Remove the fudge from the heat and beat until it’s very thick and starting to set (this should take about 10 minutes).
4. Pour into the prepared tin and leave to cool before cutting into squares.
5. Want to customise our tasty Ultimate Fudge recipe? Try adding nuts, fruit or chocolate chips at the end of step 2!
*All information included in this recipe has been provided by Nestle.