1. Place the chicken pieces in a bowl and combine with the hoisin sauce. Cover and leave to marinade for 20-30 minutes. Preheat the oven to 200°C/gas mark 6. Meanwhile, cook the basmati rice to packet instructions, then set aside to cool slightly.
2. Once the chicken has marinated, thread it on to 8 skewers with pieces of pepper in between. (There should be 4-5 pieces of both the chicken and peppers on each skewer.) Brush any excess hoisin sauce over the skewers.
3. Heat the oil in a large, preferably non-stick, frying pan over a medium heat. Add 4 skewers and cook for 3 minutes on each side, until dark brown all over. Transfer to a baking sheet then repeat with the remaining 4 skewers. Place in the oven for 10 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through and the peppers are softened.
4. Meanwhile, make the egg-fried rice. Place the peas in a heatproof bowl and pour over boiling water to cover. Leave to sit for 1 minute, then drain.
5. Heat the oil in a wok or large frying pan over a medium/high heat. Once hot, add the basmati rice and cook for 2 minutes, then add the beaten egg and cook for another 2 minutes or until the egg is just cooked. Add the peas and spring onions. Season to taste.
6. Once the chicken is cooked, divide the rice between 4 plates and top each plate with 2 chicken skewers. Serve each with a lime wedge.
*All information included in this recipe has been provided by Homemade by Sainsburys.