We understand that your privacy and the security of your personal information is extremely important.
This notice sets out what we do with your personal information, what we do to keep it secure, from where and how we collect it, as well as your rights in relation to the personal information we hold about you.
This policy applies if you interact with us directly or with us on social media in relation to our Tastemakers Club.
Who are we?
When we say ‘we’ or ‘us’ in this policy, we’re referring to the separate and distinct legal entities that make up the Sainsbury’s Group from time to time.
Which of the Sainsbury’s Group Companies controls your personal information depends on the circumstances in which you are dealing with us.
For example, if you are dealing with one of our supermarkets, then it will be Sainsbury’s Supermarkets Ltd, or if it is to do with your bank account with us then it will be Sainsbury’s Bank plc.
If you would like more information about which Sainsbury’s Group Company you are dealing with, check the terms and conditions of the product or service you are using, or contact us by one of the means set out in the “Contact Us” section below.
The companies which make up the Sainsbury's Group currently are:
- Sainsbury’s Supermarkets Ltd (this is the company that sells our Tu Clothing range) (registered office: 33 Holborn, London, EC1N 2HT)
- Sainsbury’s Bank Plc (registered office: 33 Holborn, London, EC1N 2HT)
- Argos Limited (registered office: 489–499 Avebury Boulevard, Milton Keynes MK9 2NW)
- Habitat Retail Limited (registered office: 489–499 Avebury Boulevard, Milton Keynes MK9 2NW)
- Argos financial services (which includes Home Retail Group Card Services Limited, ARG Personal Loans Limited and Home Retail Group Insurance Services Limited) (registered office: 489–499 Avebury Boulevard, Milton Keynes MK9 2NW);
- Nectar Loyalty Limited (registered office: 6th Floor 80 Strand, London, WC2R 0NN);
- Insight 2 Communication LLP (registered office: 6th Floor 80 Strand, London, WC2R 0NN); and
- Argos Business Solutions Limited (registered office: 489–499 Avebury Boulevard, Milton Keynes MK9 2NW).
What sorts of personal information do we hold?
Information that you provide to us including: Name, email, address, safe place for deliveries at your address, birthday and travel expenses
Our legal basis for processing your personal information
Whenever we process your personal information we have to have something called a “legal basis” for what we do. The different legal bases we rely on are:
Consent: You have told us you are happy for us to process your personal information for a specific purpose;
Legitimate interests: The processing is necessary for us to conduct our business, but not where our interests are overridden by your interests or rights.
How do we use your personal information?
Contacting you - we use your personal information to contact you: either to send information or gifts, arrange travel expenses
Analytics – to monitor and understand your engagement with the Influence programme, including records of attendance
Who might we share your personal information with?
Our service providers - we work with partners and suppliers that help us run our business. Some of these third parties process your personal information on our behalf but are required to meet our standards of security before doing so. This includes our partner agency, Procure Worldwide.
International transfers of personal information
When we do this, your personal information will continue to be subject to one or more appropriate safeguards set out in the law.
These might be the use of model contracts in a form approved by regulators, or having our suppliers sign up to an independent privacy scheme approved by regulators (like the US ‘Privacy Shield’ scheme).
You have a number of rights under data protection legislation which, in certain circumstances, you may be able to exercise in relation to the personal information we process about you
- the right to access a copy of the personal information we hold about you;
- the right to correction of inaccurate personal information we hold about you;
- the right to restrict our use of your personal information;
- the right to be forgotten;
- the right of data portability; and
- the right to object to our use of your personal information.
Where we rely on consent as the legal basis on which we process your personal information, you may also withdraw that consent at any time.
If you are seeking to exercise any of these rights, please contact us using the details in the “Contact Us” section below.
How long will we keep your personal information for?
If you would like to exercise one of your rights as set out in the “Your rights” or you have a question or a complaint about this policy, or the way your personal information is processed, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the UK regulator, the Information Commissioner. Go to ico.org.uk/concerns to find out more.
I have a customer complaint about Sainsbury’s, what should I do?
We hope you never have to. But you can call the customer service team on 0800 636 262, email us via the Sainsburys.co.uk website, or send us a message on Facebook/Twitter.